Code of Professional Standards
Fake News Primer
New Practitioner (1-5 years)
Mid-Level Practitioner (5-20 years)
Sr. Practitioner (20+ years)
Cultivate - CPRS National Conference
Awards of Excellence
Major and Special Awards
Student Awards and Scholarships
This section contains listings of openings in firms, both full time and part time. The listings themselves have been submitted by companies who have placed them on the CPRS site for a fee.
Post a job
Back To Search Results
Content and Communications Planning Officer
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Media and Public Affairs, the Content and Communications Planning Officer is responsible for curating and producing social media content for Hydro Ottawa and its affiliate companies that engage and inform our both the general public and key stakeholder audiences, including the media, our shareholder and other external stakeholders. The Officer provides communications advice based on sound analysis and knowledge of social media best practices; strategically developing communications products to ensure that the integrity and reputation of the companies are protected and preserved.
The essential responsibilities of the job include, but are not necessarily restricted to the following:
• Recommend and implement social media strategies and content planning programs for social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Periscope.
• Prepare content for social media, and engage in social media conversations on behalf of the company in a way that preserves and enhances public perception of the company and the industry.
• Collaborate with internal clients and other Communications and Public Affairs colleagues, as required, to develop, implement and measure Hydro Ottawa’s social media strategies. Ensure proposed strategies align with organizational objectives and division deliverables.
• Write and disseminate a variety of social media products, including social media content, articles and blogs.
• Organize and lead the cross-divisional social media team meetings, working collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to create and maintain a comprehensive communications calendar.
• Monitor analytics and emerging trends in social media, suggest opportunities to increase engagement on social media.
• Work as part of an issues-driven team to anticipate, identify and take appropriate action on emerging trends, concerns, or issues affecting Hydro Ottawa. Prepare briefings for senior management, as required.
• Monitor traditional media and social media channels, identify emergent issues and suggest strategies for managing those issues.
• Research, write, review and edit a variety of oral, print and online communications products for both internal and external stakeholders that could be at times confidential or time sensitive.
• As a member of the Crisis Communications Team, react quickly and effectively to crises which present a reputational risk.
• Ensure the organization’s key branding standards are maintained consistently across all channels.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with vendors and suppliers.
• Independently monitor all communications activities to ensure desired results are delivered and objectives are met.
• Perform budget-related administrative duties including soliciting quotes from outside suppliers.
• Support divisional reporting requirements. Develop monthly social media reports, collect analytics and communicate results effectively.
• Maintain an inventory of corporate materials for reporting purposes, corporate history, and internal knowledge transfer.
• Perform other related duties as required.
A post-secondary education in an appropriate field such as public relations, journalism, communications, marketing, or equivalent.
• Several years of progressive relevant experience.
• Knowledge of the energy sector.
• In depth knowledge of media and social media platforms, monitoring tools, metrics and analytics.
• Experience planning, developing and implementing social media campaigns, projects or activities.
• Knowledge of design software and HTML.
• Knowledge of marketing communications strategies and tools.
• Bilingual (English/French) essential, both oral and written
• Valid Driver’s License - Class G
How To Apply
please apply through our website www.HydroOttawa.com
Back To Search Results
Contact For This Position
2711 Hunt Club Rd
Ottawa ON K1G 5Z9
Telephone: (613) 738-5499
Job Level & Type
$50,000 - $74,999
Listing To Be Posted Until
December 12, 2020
Apply on company website