Events from 2008
PRWeek’s The NEXT Conference: Equipping PR and marketing professionals with the tools and insights they need to navigate the changing marketing universe.
Don’t miss a keynote address from the new Wall Street Journal editor-in-chief Robert Thomson as he explores the changing media landscape.
When & Where:
November 19, 2008
New World Stages, NYC
SAVE $180. Register today. The early bird deadline is Friday, September 19, 2008.
SPECIAL OFFER for CPRS members.
Enter the code TAKE10 to SAVE 10% when you register.
Beyond the Hype: CPRS-VI Pro D Conference Coming Soon
Do you wonder about the back story? What's really going on behind the scenes when you see stories splashed across the front pages? Do you crave the chance to share your experiences and bounce ideas around with colleagues? Do you practice Public Relations and Communications? Then this professional development day conference is for you.
The Canadian Public Relations Society - Vancouver Island has put together an educational and hands-on Pro-D day conference aimed at mid- to senior-level PR practitioners on Friday, November 14. The theme of this year's conference is Beyond the Hype: Best Practices in Public Relations (www.beyondthehype.ca).
Cameron Herold, the innovative business leader and founder of 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, will tell us how he used public relations to build his successful business. Sign up for Julianne McCaffrey's speechwriting workshop or Darren Barefoot and Julie Szabo's hands-on Web 2.0 session. Hear Kim Van Bruggen and Carol Vincent present recent case studies, and - more to the point - hear what their clients thought of the process.
As a member of CPRS-VI, you are eligible for the preferred rate: $280 until October 15th, $340 after October 15. To register, click here.
Join us at Royal Roads University for a practical, inspirational, thought provoking and fun day. RRU is proud to be a sponsor of Beyond the Hype. RRU offers a Graduate Certificate in Public Relations, and BA and MA programs in Professional Communication. For more information, please visit www.royalroads.ca
One lucky delegate will win a primo door prize, courtesy of Royal Roads University: Member registration for the CPRS National Conference in Vancouver, June 2009, a value of almost $900.
Space is limited, so register early. You can't afford to miss it.
Tune In To Our 2008/9 WebN’R Series
This fall, CPRS National is meeting technology head-on, launching a five-part WebN’R Series, highlighting six outstanding, award-winning public relations campaigns from among the 2008 CPRS NATIONAL AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE submissions.
“For years, we have been applauding the winning submissions of the Awards of Excellence,” stated CPRS President, Derrick Pieters APR, FCPRS. “Although important to acknowledge, we believe we can bring added value to our membership by having a number of practitioners actually discuss the planning and implementation of the projects their submissions were based upon. If the strategies and execution of each project is shared, it can only benefit the profession by injecting new ideas into the fold.”
Presenters will outline how they utilized the RACE Formula (Research, Analysis, Communication and Evaluation) as they developed and set their public relations programs and projects in motion; the positive and negative results encountered; and the reactions from their respective audiences.
Some of these ideas are so unique and creative -- informative learning tools -- that they may act as prototypes for CPRS members when they consider developing programs for their own companies and organizations.
The WebN’Rs will take place monthly, on five selected Thursdays, 2:00 p.m., Eastern Time. Viewers should schedule 90 minutes per session (60 minute presentation; 30 minutes Q & A). The December WebN’R may run longer, considering there will be two presenters.
For more information, or to register please visit our Webinar page
FREE WEBINAR: Media Relations Measurement & Evaluation
Measurement and evaluation has been playing an increasingly important role as clients and stakeholders require PR to better prove its value – in particular, the value of media relations campaigns, a key component of PR programs.
Is it possible to standardize how the PR industry evaluates media relations campaigns? You bet! The answer: the Media Relations Rating Points (MRP) system [www.mrpdata.com]. With more than 350 users subscribing from over 100 public relations agencies, plus major corporations and all levels of government, the MRP system has become the Canadian standard for the measurement and evaluation of editorial media coverage. This system is governed and managed by the Canadian Publication Relations Society and endorsed by the Canadian chapters of IABC and the Canadian Council of PR Firms.
Never heard of MRP? Join us and learn how you too can use MRP to easily track and evaluate your media relations campaigns, provide content analysis, access accurate reach data, and save time and money. You will be taken through a live demo of the MRP system as well as an actual case study.
Already using MRP? There is something for you too. We have made changes to the scoring system that affects the weighting of tone in the MRP score and have added new features, Join us to find out about the scoring changes, charting/graphing module, how to upload and link clips to MRP reports.
Finally, whether you are to MRP or not, Bryan Segal from comScore Media Metrix will be present to answer questions about Internet data. comScore is the premiere Internet audience measurement service in Canada, and the only one to cover this vital market.
||Wednesday, September 17, 2008
||1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET [MRP intro, demo and case study; Q&A]
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET [comScore Media Metrix presentation; Q&A]
2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET [MRP updates for existing subscribers; Q&A]
||Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your invitation.
- 5th World Public Relations Conference & Festival 2008
"The Public Benefit of Public Relations"
June 23-24, 2008
InterContinental Hotel, London, England
- The programme for the World PR Conference and Festival is now available and bookings can be made online. The Conference and Festival themed 'The public benefit of public relations' includes 30 sessions on issues as diverse as:
- How cities attract investment - the reputational issues that count
- Appealing to different audiences and cultures - lessons from the front-line
- Communicating in London, the world's most diverse city
- How businesses such as car manufacturers and gas suppliers can handle climate change and environmental challenges
- How the 'New' was put back into New Zealand and how fundamental change has happened in South Africa
- IPRA Summit 2008
June 8-10, 2008
The Honourable Artillery Company, Armoury House, City Road, London EC1Y 2BQ
- The IPRA Summit is a public relations conference designed specifically for senior communications professionals who work in the international arena. It is an opportunity to share best practice, exchange ideas, network and engage in debates on some of the hottest topics within the communication industry. Registration is now open!
- FPinfomart.ca Executive Product Briefing
April 29 - May 7, 2008
Coming to Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Ottawa
- Please join us for an insightful, complimentary session to learn more about how you and your organization can take advantage of FPinfomart's enhanced products and services. The session is complimentary and will include a contest and free rolling laptop bag just for attending! Registration is now open!
- Winning HR Practices of the Best Employers in Canada
April 22 - 23
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, North Building
- Hear from Best Employers and other HR focused organizations as they share best practices for:
- Embracing a communications strategy for human resources
- Ensuring effective communication between HR and senior management
- Leveraging diversity as a way to combat Canada's skills shortage
- Developing a supportive culture for interaction among employees
- Analyzing how Best Employers attract talent by marketing the company
- Canadian Special Events and Meetings Expo 2008
April 1 - 3
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Toronto
- CSEME 08 features the best in event design, cutting edge entertainers, gourmet samples by the cities leading corporate caterers, international award winning event education and more. Speakers at the 22 session conference are among the most recognized planners in North America. The 11th Annual Canadian Event Industry Awards Gala, where 30 awards will be presented to the years best in categories like Best Corporate Event, Best Theme Décor, Best Festival and more, takes place April 3rd.
- Social Media Summit:
How To Use Blogging, Podcasting & The Latest Web 2.0 Technologies
To Engage Your Employees, Reach Your Customers & Build Your Brand
March 30 - April 3
Sutton Place, Toronto
- Attend this conference to learn how to use social media, and leverage the latest interactive tools and techniques to advance your organisational goals. Hear from leading experts at Microsoft Canada, Public Health Agency of Canada, SYNNEX Canada Ltd., Cognos Inc., TD Bank Financial Group, Equitable Life of Canada, Canada Post Corporation, Thornley Fallis, Prescient Digital Media, Watson Wyatt Worldwide, and more, how to integrate social media technology into your communication and marketing programs to build customer and employee relationships and drive bottom-line results.