BC Safety Authority (BCSA)
We oversee the safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment in the province. We have a new 10-year strategy to become a knowledge-based business, and to expand into new markets with new clients. We are looking for a dynamic person to lead all aspects of our communications as we put this strategy into action.
Salary range: $77,600 - $116,400 per annum
The new Leader, Corporate Communications and Media Relations will have a number of critical competencies. With a team of 6, the Leader must have strong people management skills to manage all aspects of staffing, as well as the team’s work on cross functional teams within BCSA.
The new Leader will have experience in the private and public/not-for-profit sectors, and be seasoned in the development and implementation of comprehensive communications strategies, plans and programs that help a services company such as ours expand our reach and influence with our clients. This strategic focus will be brought to both internal and external communications, and across multiple channels.
Lastly, the new Leader will be a professional with a proven track record in the full range of communications accountabilities, including:
- relationship building (internally and externally with key clients and stakeholders);
- key message development and implementation;
- preparation of the full range of communications materials (from briefing notes to media releases and corporate documents like the Annual Report, State of Safety and 3 Year Business Plan);
- marketing communications;
- business client and public education materials;
- special event coordination; and
- media relations (including acting as Corporate Spokesperson).
All of these qualifications and abilities will have been developed during a career that has spanned at least 10 years in length, five of which have been in a senior position that included interaction with an Executive team and Board of Directors. A degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing will also have been part of your background. This position is permanent, full-time, but we will consider a 2-year contractual position as well.
How to Apply
If you have all of the above and are up for a new challenge, apply by emailing your application to email@example.com.