Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we’ve had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future… and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Communications Specialist - 1 Year Contract
Reference Code ASN50609524-01
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Contract Type: Regular, Full-time
TransCanada's Stakeholder Relations Department is seeking an External Communications Specialist. Reporting to Team Lead, External Communications, the successful candidate is a seasoned communications professional who is familiar with a broad range of communications strategies and approaches. These are exciting times for a communicator at TransCanada with support needed for new projects that have garnered significant attention across North America. The successful candidate would also play a key role in supporting communications with respect to the company's multi-billion dollar capital program.
*This is a one year contract position with the possibility of extension.
*We anticipate filling this position locally and therefore this position is not eligible for Domestic or Cross Border relocation.
In addition to providing key strategic support and tactical execution, this role will provide advice, direction and help translate company strategy, objectives and initiatives into communication materials that foster audience understanding of who TransCanada is and what it is focused on achieving.
Specific Duties include:
- Manage strategic communications for select TransCanada initiatives;
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communications plans (projects, issues management, media relations);
- Act as a consultant to internal, senior level clients by providing communications advice, coaching and highlighting communications risks to help ensure the company's strategic objectives are achieved;
- Develop key messages and talking points;
- Support the media relations leads in the development of corporate media releases and advisories;
- Generate proactive opportunities to discuss who TransCanada is and what the company does, with a focus on the company's current multi-billion capital growth program;
- Carry a rotational pager and act as a member of a corporate emergency response team;
- Function as a member of the crisis response team (when appropriate).