BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Communications Advisor, Project Development
(1 year Term)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities and intersecting the traditional territories of several First Nations. The Port leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $75 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
We have a great opportunity for a senior communications professional to provide advice and guidance on the Port’s communications, community & aboriginal engagement activities, media relations, government affairs and issues tracking as they relate specifically to PMV-led infrastructure projects and tenant-led development projects. In this role, you will:
· Lead communications and stakeholder engagement activities, including participating/facilitating at stakeholder meetings and open houses, on PMV-led development projects.
· Develop and implement strategies, plans and tactics in relation to communications and community engagement issues for port infrastructure and development projects as required.
· Work with PMV staff to ensure communications activities related to port infrastructure and development projects are aligned with other departmental and organisational objectives and initiatives.
· Incorporate aboriginal, local government and community engagement initiatives into project communications as required.
· Track emerging issues in the community and local government.