Account Manager must have at least four years of public relations experience (agency experience is an asset), with people management and budget management expertise.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be an experienced corporate generalist with experience working with some of Canada’s most well-known companies; experience working for professional services clients is a benefit. Requirements include a robust knowledge of, and the ability to counsel clients on, digital communications and social media, as well as an understanding of all facets of corporate communications including media relations, employee communications, reputation building, and crisis and issues management. Candidates must display strong team leadership and project management qualities and bring a demonstrated track record of developing, executing and leading successful public relations strategies that measurably drive client business objectives.
The successful candidate will have proven project management skills, including the ability to oversee large projects as well as small teams on multiple client accounts. S/he will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and a demonstrable knowledge of current events, news outlets and reporters.
· Own the client relationship, managing day-to-day account activity, strategic client counselling, effective project staffing and client expectations
· Lead client service, organizational development, staff training and development and quality control on multiple client accounts
· Oversee the development and execution of media relations campaigns for proactive, reactive and issues management initiatives, providing ongoing strategic analysis of program results
· Develop, write and edit strategic communications and stakeholder materials with a demonstrated understanding of client business, marketing and communication objectives
· Research, develop and project manage strategic and tactical implementation of client programs, events and media relations campaigns, leading materials development, media pitching, and results tracking/monitoring
· Manage billing, account profitability, and support new business and proposals (RFPs)
· Coach and mentor junior team members by effectively delegating work and providing frequent and constructive feedback and contributing to their development