· Work closely with client teams across a wide range of practices and industries to create, edit and provide strategic guidance on the development of a variety of client communications. This includes but is not limited to: press releases, website copy, key messages, speeches, Q&A documents, newsletters, and presentations.
· Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice according to individual client team needs.
· Be available as a writing mentor for junior staff members and as a resource to all staff members as required for writing/editing needs.
· Manage and oversee the continued growth of all marketing initiatives, both internal and external. This includes but is not limited to: award submissions, internal company newsletters, content for Edelman.ca, case study development, company press releases, presentations and profile pieces for senior leadership as required.
· Serve as a client contact and client lead on specialized writing projects.
· Work closely with our new business team to review, edit and contribute to new business proposals as required.
· Work seamlessly with our Canadian and global marketing teams to coordinate national and worldwide marketing efforts.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of Edelman policies, programs and practices and continue to evolve the editorial/marketing role within the office.
· Possess a strong understanding of core financial constructs including revenue, profitability, pricing structures (hourly vs. retainer accounts) and be able to budget projects as required.
· Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends and demonstrate expert understanding of how they integrate into communications programs.
Qualifications and Competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or a related communications field.
· At least five to seven years of related experience in communications, preferably at an integrated marketing, PR, advertising agency or in the field of journalism.
· Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Strong command of grammar, expertise in CP/AP style and meticulous attention to detail.
· Experience planning and creating compelling materials for corporate, health, technology, B2B and consumer clients, as well as media and other external audiences.
· Works well under pressure in a demanding, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and urgent deadlines.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, excellent critical thinking skills, and independent decision-making.
· A self-starter who is assertive and entrepreneurial in sourcing out marketing and editorial opportunities both internally and externally
· Well versed in client relations including understanding and assessing a client’s business and communication needs
· A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive and high-energy approach to delivering results
· Expertise in all major business software applications (Microsoft Office, etc.) Knowledge of Wordpress and Campaign Monitor platforms as well as SEO an asset.
· Proficiency in media relations an asset