In the eyes of many, “product stewardship” programs – government mandated but industry delivered product take back and recycling programs– are an environmental solution that works, and the number of products and programs will continue to expand.
Based in the False Creek/Mount Pleasant area of Vancouver, Product Care is a non-profit industry organization that develops and manages product stewardship programs in British Columbia and across North America. Please visit productcare.org to learn more about us.
Product Care is looking for a skilled professional for the role of Communications Officer, (reporting to the Senior Manager of Communications), to oversee and assist with the development and implementation of a full range of communications and social marketing initiatives to support our programs.
Specific attributes desired are:
• Ability to research, develop and implement comprehensive communications plans
• Ability to develop campaign materials and implement awareness campaigns
• Strong writing skills and experience writing press releases, website copy, etc.
• Experience in working with the media
• Experience with contact management solutions
• Experience managing stakeholder issues and engaging key service partners
• Solid understanding of communications and community-based social marketing theory and practice
• Experience with both earned media and purchased advertising
• Ability to work well with staff and all stakeholders
• Ability to manage projects on budget and on time
• Understanding of social media strategy (FB, twitter, blogging, etc.)
• Ability to use appropriate voice for different target audiences
• Experience editing and proofreading is an asset