Advisor, Online Communications – 1 year Term
Alliance’s Corporate Communications department is responsible for establishing, managing and promoting the company’s reputation internally and externally.
Located in Calgary and reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, the core focus of this position is to support Alliance’s online communications initiatives and activities, including oversight of Alliance’s external and internal websites as communications tools, social media use and other strategic online communications.
· Owner of the external web experience for Alliance Pipeline and NRGreen Power
· Develop and maintain an ongoing editorial calendar for the external sites.
· Write, edit and proofread web page content and optimize for the online environment, ensuring consistency in style and tone, relevancy for audience/SEO and consistency within the Alliance brand and messaging.
· Develop strategic plans and proposals related to online interactions and communications with stakeholders, and lead implementation and effectiveness measurement.
· Provide support to business content owners and subject matter experts regarding content decisions and web updates.
· Complete a quarterly audit of the alliancepipeline.com website and translate analytics into new web initiatives.
· Assist in the development of new content management workflow processes for all content contributors and participate in the development and ongoing maintenance of an overall governance framework for alliancepipeline.com.
· Train new content contributors (intranet and websites) as required.
· Work with Information Services and / or outside technology suppliers when new user requirements or corporate communications objectives give rise to web platform changes or updates.
Social Media & Media Monitoring
· Support the development and updating of a social media strategy and guidelines to support overall business and corporate goals.
· Manage and maintain the organization's presence on social media sites.
· Identify key performance indicators; evaluate the effectiveness of social media events or campaigns.
· Train and inform staff on the use of social media channels. Maintain the Social Media Use Policy.
· Communicate media coverage and trending issues to leadership team. Perform research on Alliance-related topics as requested.
· Participate as a member of the Crisis Communications Team in the role of Information Coordinator – Backup.
· Proactively identify communications issues/needs and develop solutions with clients. Work with internal clients to design and draft communications for intranet and external websites.
· Provide general assistance to the Internal and External Communications advisors as required.