Alliance’s Corporate Communications department is responsible for establishing, managing and promoting the company’s reputation internally and externally. Located in Calgary and reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, the primary focus of this position is to provide effective and collaborative support to the company within Corporate Communications to help advance Alliance’s corporate communications program in alignment with business objectives.
The Communications Analyst will support the department’s programs, activities, and projects, and provide assistance and support to the team in the implementation and facilitation of these programs.
· Assist with planning, development and implementation of internal and external communications tools and tactics, including:
o Support for public consultation planning and execution, including open houses both internal and external.
o Coordination of logistics and support planning for external and internal meetings, presentations (including information and photograph sourcing) and events.
o Oversight of communications collateral projects as assigned.
o Working with internal business units to plan and implement public awareness initiatives.
· Write and edit articles and other materials for Alliance’s “Alpine” intranet.
· Draft and edit content for Alliance’s external website.
· Assist with intranet and external site postings and changes, including content revitalization.
· Assist with implementation of social media tactics.
· Draft copy and manage design of various promotional collateral including brochures, fact sheets and advertisements.
· Draft content and oversee development/design of public awareness materials, including open-house materials and display content.
· Draft media materials including Q&A, media releases and radio advertisements.
· Assist with internal, external, online and senior management / corporate communications activities as required.
· Help coordinate and manage branded merchandise and donation materials.
· Conduct research, provide administrational support, and perform other communications related duties as assigned.