- Undergraduate degree in political science, communications journalism or other related programs.
- A minimum of 6 years of communications and/or public affairs work experience.
- Proven ability to successfully develop and implement communications strategies.
- Proven ability to undertake communication projects including overseeing the work of graphics consultants, web design and maintenance support staff, writers and editorial support.
- Direct experience in the preparation of press releases and backgrounders.
- Leadership skills, problem solving, trouble shooting, excellent written and oral communication skills research and planning, relationship management and interpersonal communication, exceptional project management skills and the ability to creatively address communication challenges.
- Excellent computer skills
- Association experience, knowledge of government workings are assets
- Bilingualism, an asset