Are you a dynamic leader with demonstrated success in providing communications services? If so, consider this opportunity to lead and manage the Financial Service Commission of Ontario’s (FSCO) Public Affairs Unit.
As Senior Manager, Public Affairs, you will:
- Identify and manage a variety of issues.
- Develop and maintain critical business relationships with contacts in the OPS and FSCO’s regulated sectors.
- Contribute to the implementation of digital communications strategy including social media.
- Provide strategic direction to guide the FSCO’s business planning and program delivery.
- Research, design, develop and execute strategic communications plans.
- Manage projects and initiatives.
- Manage relationships with key media outlets.
What we are looking for:
- You have strong leadership experience with the demonstrated ability to drive strategic initiatives and develop/mentor teams to deliver on results.
- You are able to independently manage multiple projects actively and work with senior officials and stakeholders to resolve concerns in an effective and timely manner.
- You have strong tact and judgment in handling confidential material and managing complex issues.
- You have proven relationship-building and coaching skills to drive knowledge-transfer and build strategic planning capacity within the OPS.
- You are deadline-driven and able to deliver effective results under pressure.
- You have demonstrated experience in public affairs and strategic communications in an environment with high-profile communications issues management and complex stakeholders.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- You are skilled in distilling complex issues/ideas down into succinct messages for senior decision makers.
- You are experienced in developing long-term strategic communications plans that reflect both internal and external factors.
How to Apply
Salary range: $93,050.00 – $106,350.00 per annum
Please apply online, by January 21, 2013, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 49473 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.