Senior Communications Advisor
Do you have strong communications skills and experience as well as the ability to see the big picture? Do you want to use your knowledge and skills to create and lead innovative and strategic communications plans? If so, bring your expertise to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care in the challenging role of Senior Communications Advisor.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• act as a strategic advisor on all senior client communication matters
• advocate positive, active solutions and programs to anticipated situations or
react to unexpected circumstances requiring quick and professional
• lead ministry-wide and inter-ministerial projects and develop positive
relationships as a trusted advisor
• work with ministry clients and communicators and develop, coordinate
and manage communications strategies and programs to gain public
understanding of the client's policies and programs
• ensure client communication plans are consistent and integrated with
the ministry's overall strategic objectives and direction
Location: 80 Grosvenor Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
have specialized knowledge in the theories and techniques of
communications, marketing, public relations, public opinion research
(e.g. primary or competitive intelligence), data mining and insight
• you have knowledge and experience at the senior level
of strategic communications planning and the evaluation and delivery of
complex communications programs
Leadership and Relationship Management Skills:
you can lead complex communication projects and other communications
initiatives by applying appropriate strategic methodologies
• you can act as a trusted advisor to clients and staff and develop and maintain positive relationships with them
Communication and Presentation Skills:
you can communicate information effectively at different levels
including developing PowerPoint slide decks for presentations to senior
Project Management and Problem-Solving Skills:
• you can work collaboratively with diverse teams and working groups on projects and committees
• you can identify and address emerging issues, potential problems and opportunities that require communications support
Other Key Skills:
you can use your strong innovation, persuasion and negotiation skills
as well as your political acuity to work with others in achieving mutual
Salary range: $73,443.00 – $95,213.00 per year
How to Apply
Please apply online, by January 13, 2013, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job
ID 47925 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to
submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this
time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at
www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information.
Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation
will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.