Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist position is well-suited to someone with relevant post-secondary education and three to five years of work experience.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating production of all AIBC publications including annual magazine, annual report, member newsletter, job postings and various other print and electronic communications - “from blue line to deadline”;
• Content generation for the organizational web site and other publications in support of various AIBC programs, initiatives and strategic goals;
• Assistance in planning and delivery of a variety of special events including AIBC Annual Conference and AIBC Architectural Awards;
• Delivery and execution of online surveys;
• Membership and other stakeholder engagement;
• Assist in coordination of “Lunch and Learn” staff education series.
• Support for select volunteer advisory committees; and
• Photography and other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will possess:
• A recognized university degree or college diploma in Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design or equivalent program;
• Superior research and writing skills, including both print and digital environments;
• Understanding of strategic communications, public relations and marketing;
• Solid knowledge of graphic design, layout and typography;
• Experience with publications including pre-press;
• Proficiency in various production applications including Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite;
• Experience in stakeholder relations, project management and event planning;
• Basic records management, word processing and office skills; and
• Strong team skills and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Candidates will be asked to provide references and a portfolio or work samples. Please direct your application, including resume covering letter and expected salary range, by December 22, 2012