The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary diploma or degree in communications or public relations, along with a proven track record of strategic and proactive communications and a minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in this area. Ability to speak and write in French is an asset.
Specific attributes desired are:
· Ability to research, develop and implement comprehensive communications plans
· Ability to develop campaign materials and implement awareness campaigns
· Strong writing skills and experience writing press releases, website copy, etc.
· Experience in working with the media
· Experience with contact management solutions
· Experience managing stakeholder issues and engaging key service partners
· Solid understanding of communications and community-based social marketing theory and practice
· Experience with both earned media and purchased advertising
· Ability to work well with staff and all stakeholders
· Ability to manage projects on budget and on time
Registration with IABC or CPRS and working knowledge of extended producer responsibility and BC’s local government landscape is considered an asset.