Communications Assistant (1 Year Contract)
Draw on your excellent communication and time management skills!
Join our Communications and Strategic Partnerships Support Services team as a Communications Assistant. Reporting to the Manager of Communications – Communications and Strategic Partnership Support Services, you will provide assistance with a wide range of communications and special events. This 1-year contract is a renewable position, based on satisfactory yearly performance and subject to funding, and involves working throughout the year.
Your responsibilities as Communications Assistant will include:
- writing and posting monthly parent-child activities
- updating the Student Stuff section of the Board website
- performing online research
- developing and posting school news on Bravo! Good News
- writing news releases to promote small-scale school initiatives
- developing a social media communications plan for the Board’s Holy Days and Holiday materials.
As a Communications Assistant, you will be able to apply your:
- Community college diploma related to Public Relations, Communications or a related discipline
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and other web development software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research, note-taking abilities and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with 152,755 students in 231 schools.
How to Apply
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. We are committed to equity in employment.